Monday, May 18, 2009

It's a . . .

GIRL.
She was sitting in an akward position with her head in my left rib cage but the sonographer (Susan) delivered and we were able to see clearly that she is not a boy.
She weighs about 13 oz and measures in the 52% for babies of this gestation period. So a healthy/average size kid!
The coolest part for me was when Susan stopped moving the ultra sound thing and it just sat on the baby for a minute. During that time I saw her pull her leg back and kick out, fully extending her leg. It was cute and of course I giggled because it made my stomache jump. We got a decent shot of her foot.
It has been a good morning and I am especially glad Matt was able to go with me. (By the way, he is way excited to have another girl. I think he is done with the boy thing.)
The name we think we are settled on is:
Evelyn Marie.
Evelyn comes from the name Eve and means "life"; Marie as we know comes from Mary. Two very important women in our lives. Mother of the earth and mother of Christ.

4 comments:

Evans Family said...

Congrats!!!! I love the name too by the way. :)

Becky said...

How exciting... Katie will love having a little sister to play with!! I think Zoey wishes Jayce was a girl... then maybe he might actually be into playing Barbies and not just running away or my favorite throwing a ball and knocking the dolls down!!

The Tibbitts said...

How exciting!!! Katie needs a friend to combat the testosterone. The name sounds great too!

Briann said...

Congrats! I love the name