Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I found the hospital today . . .

Don't get used to frequent updates! Today was one of those milestone days. One of our children needed stitches as a result of an injury.

Apparently while playing football during recess Aidan and a little boy named Jacob collided and Aidan's eye brow was split right open.
The school nurse did a fabulous job doctoring it up but I could tell that if it healed that way there'd be quite a scar so I took him in and the end result is a tough Aidan and 7 stitches.

Above: School nurse's doctoring job. Very well done but three hours later it was still bleeding and it was open pretty good also.

Below: After the nurse cleaned it you can tell how deep the cut went and how wide open it was.

When all was said and done, 7 stitches did the job. Aidan was so tough. He cried once at the very beginning when the nurse first stuck the needle in to numb him but after that he was dang tough. He wasn't so happy about the bright light in his eye but the covered his face with a sterile towel that helped. As a reward for being so brave we got him a chocolate frosty and some french fries from Wendy's. He hasn't even complained once of pain since the numbing wore off. What a trooper!

2 comments:

Evans Family said...

Holy cow...what a way to begin the school year!

The Tibbitts said...

He is tough! I don't know if I could have handled that as well as he did.