Wednesday, August 27, 2008

changin' it up

So we're remodeling now . . . we decided that the carpet in our living room is worthless with the amount of traffic it sees. It is disgusting. So, tomorrow I am headed to the floor store to look at my options for hardwood. We will still keep the tile in the kitchen and maybe even extend it a wee bit to cover under the bar area, otherwise, you'll see a whole new floor (I hope somebody started singing "a whole new world" from Aladdin). We are pretty excited.
We are also mixing things up in the master bedroom, we've moved the bed to the other side which opened up a ton of space! So much that the couches that were once in our living room are now in our room! We will be adding some shelves and desks in our room before all is said and done. I will post photos as soon as I get them. Too bad I didn't do a before shot . . .
Anyway, cute kid moments . . .
The other day Matt asked Aidan and Jay what they would do with 20 dollars. Jay said he would buy a dinosaur. Aidan said he would buy an "animal shooting gun".
Mikey's latest: ask him to ride his horse and he smiles big, yells "yaw!" takes of galloping, and clicking his tongue. Then ask him what his horses name is, "heehee". Same as what the horsey says. It's cute.
Lil' Kate is smiling more than ever and starting to yell when she starts to feel deprived of attention.
On a very funny note, Monday night while cooking sausages for a "breakfast" dinner some grease shot up and splattered on my neck leaving a nice big red mark. Luckily, there aren't any broken blood vessels so my story is believable . . . needless to say, I am grateful for the colder weather because I have an excuse to wear my sweatshirt.

1 comment:

Jana and Rob said...

It is always exciting to remodel. Jana and I can't wait till we can furnish a place of our own. We are getting tired of always being in an apartment. We would like to have a place to call our own, paint it whatever color, and have our own furniture. We also might extend our stay in Hawaii so that Jana can finish out the school year with her student. If she were to leave right after I graduate, there would still be two months left in elementary school. We'll keep you updated. Thank you for starting this blog. We like reading about the stories of our niece and nephews.