Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kids . . .

As if everyone doesn't already know how busy our house is I thought I'd share these new antidotes with y'all:

We have graduated to a new level of "chaos" in our house.
Our 2 year old: Learning new words means repeating a lot of words he hears! Good thing I have gotten my potty mouth under control! However, unintentionally he has developed a potty mouth. It comes in his attempts to say the word, "frog" that's right, he skipped over all the other four letter words, some less offensive than others and jumped right to the biggest. It's been quite entertaining. I don't know what's so funny about it. If I heard any person 10 & up say that word I would probably say something about it being inappropriate and unappreciated. But for some reason when he says it, I almost fall over laughing! On Sunday, my brother & I sat in the kitchen laughing so hard I almost had an accident! He just kept saying more and more the harder we laughed. Then he stood up on his chair and yelled, "Tony funny!" which got us rolling even more. I was wiping tears! It was pathetic. But for some reason entertaining as well.

Our 4 & 3year old: These two co-conspirators have graduated to a new level of sneakiness. I can't hear them plotting anymore. In the past I would hear one trying to whisper to other what to do or to not tell me something but now, I can't hear a thing! Which would explain the muriel on the walls in the basement. That's right: red, orange, blue, yellow, and green crayon art on every surface within kid arm length throughout the entire basement! There were even stick figures! As soon as my computer guy comes over and helps me remove video from my camera, I'll post it. We discovered that our oldest son can draw stick figures! Big ones! In varying colors! Amazing only begins to describe it. Today, I heard someone in the kitchen and then nothing . . . So, I went down to the basement and saw two figures under blankets and heard crinkling. They had the Cheetos. I feel like the boys are always starving, so I think I am going to prepare a "snack drawer" in the fridge that is just theirs but that has little things they can get and eat between meals. That means more work for me because I'll need to cut carrots and slice apples etc, but it's worth it to ensure healthy snacking.
Don't get me started on yesterday's room spray incident in the bathroom . . .


Our fridge after the boys have been quite.

The 8 month: I can hardly believe she's that big! She's big too, a solid 20 lbs. And . . . MOBILE! She is crawling! We've had to save her from the stairs a few times. She's so cute. She has 2 teeth and counting. I never thought I would have such a good baby. She is awesome! She's content to be on the floor playing, she's content to be held, she's so great! She's always happy! Man, if all kids were like her, people would have millions! (maybe . . . )

However busy I am today, I can be grateful that this hasn't happened, yet.

1 comment:

K. Bitton said...

sounds like fun for you! ;) Little boys and their messes! Katie is crawling! Yay! She is such a cute girl!!