Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

It was hard to come home after being in Hawai'i for a week. Sure it rained every day we were there, but it was 72 degrees also! I love a warm rain. So, imagine the body shock of coming home to below freezing temperatures and lots of snow, so much snow that the pilot was landing on ice! A not so comforting thought or feeling. But we made it home safely and Katie was an angel the entire trip. We had some fun and I'll post some pics asap.
As for Christmas, well . . . it was great. I loved the kids reactions! They loved everything they got and were vocally grateful for their gifts. Michael especially loved his horses. Oh boy . . . they haven't been out of his sight except for the few hours he has slept since getting them. And I literally mean few hours he has slept.
Matt complains that I am the hardest person to shop for, he is probably justified in his opinion. I see lots of things I'd like when I am at the store . . . however, for how difficult it is to shop for me, Matt sure did get me the best gifts this year! Most other girls probably wouldn't appreciate the type of gifts I got and most men would probably buy their wives these gifts more for themselves than the woman. However, I loved what got me and I will put up a pretty dang good fight if he ever tries to steal them! After all, it's not everyday your man buys you a pair of Bushnell binoculars and a daisy sling shot! I also loved the magnesium fire starter key chain. I know I'll get good use out of that. The best part was that he got the gifts from his heart. The rose on Christmas eve was just the beginning of his thoughtful gifts.
I got him a movie he's been dying to get but he was discouraged thinking that I would never buy it for him: The Nightmare Before Christmas, as well as a wrist watch and pocket leather man, and an assortment of fine jams to eat with my homemade bread. It was a good year.
Now for some laughs:
Michael, as of lately, has been crying out when he eats. When I get to him he looks fine, but says, "hurt, hurt" and there are real tears in his eyes. I noticed that he would hold his hand together in front of him while he cried, so I asked him, "Did you bite your fingers?" he sobs out, "Yes!" he gets so busy shoveling food in he bites his own fingers! It's good for a laugh in the moment.
He's also talking a lot more lately, for instance, he can now identify the person who beats him up, she is 10 months old and her name is Katie. The other day as I was taking my shower and Katie was asleep in her crib, he broke down the door (not literally) and informed me that Katie, who is half his size and asleep in her crib, pushed him down! Well, just a few minutes ago here in the kitchen I heard a thud and some whining start on the other side of the counter, so I got up and went around to see the problem, there lay Michael belly down with Katie on his legs, she really did push him down! So, I picked him up and brushed him off, gave him a hug and sent him on his way.

1 comment:

DeLynn said...

Hey, I got binoculars from my husband one year, too! Great minds think alike.