I've probably lost any and every follower I ever or never had. A lot happens in 18 months. One daughter breaks an arm, another daughter is born (she makes 4 girls), another boy gets baptized, we move into a house, then back to my parents (long lame story), we find out we're going to have another child (he'll make 8 kids 4 boys 4 girls), our fourth child starts school, youngest child starts crawling, walking, gets a lot of teeth, and now she talks.
I am blown away by how much the kids are growing. They don't just grow physically but mentally and spiritually also. Reading about Moroni in the Book of Mormon last night led to an awesome discussion about the importance of constant and daily scripture study, not just reading but studying them. We talked about gaining power over the adversary and overcoming the natural man as we turn our hearts to Christ. This discussion was brought up and lead by our two oldest children. It was a topic Matt and I were trying to figure out how to best teach them when they brought it to us. A testimony that we should not underestimate what our children are capable of learning and understanding. When I came to bed tonight I found on my bed a Dallin H Oaks talk entitled: Preparation for the Second Coming. There was a little note written on the bottom that read, "read this talk it's good from, [no. 1]". What an awesome kid.
Matt is still looking for other career options. He'd like to do something in HR. During law school he emphasized in mediation and alternative dispute resolutions in the work place and it would be his dream to resolve issues in a company setting.
That's probably enough for now. I make no promises but I am hoping to be able to update more often, we'll see.
It's past time to mind our own business
12 years ago
1 comment:
Hey! It was good to hear a quick update on your life. :) 8 kids!!! If you have any tips let me know...3 has been a tough transition for me. Ha! Although we are getting into our groove now. Glad to hear things are going well and I can't believe your kids are old enough to be suggesting church articles to you. That's so awesome.
Post a Comment