Sunday, October 26, 2008

Handy Matt

So as I stated in my post about the table, we own a lot of wood. With our wood we have created three "masterpieces" to help us save space. Matt first built a work bench(you can barely see it on the left), I built a bench for the kitchen table, and last night Matt built his shelf! It's amazing. He built it to have four 2x6's on the bottom and middle shelf then it has 2 2x6's then 1 2x6. I thought it was an ingenious idea. It is more stable and we don't have to secure it to the wall or worry about it falling over because it isn't top heavy. Anyway, Matt is particularly proud of his accomplishments and so am I. There's a sense satisfaction in completing a task and having it work. The boys had fun "helping" a.ka. playing with the wood Matt wasn't using. BTW, that's Matt's cheesy grin and pose. I warned him that I would be putting it on the blog . . .

p.s. don't get used to so many updates. I am confident I am only this dedicated to the blog because I have pink eye and can't really go out w/o the fear of infecting innocent people.

No comments: