Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pink eye

"Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is redness and inflammation of the membranes (conjuctiva) covering the whites of the eyes and the membranes on the inner part of the eyelids. Viral and bacterial forms of conjunctivitis are common in childhood, but they can occur in people of any age"(medicinenet.com). I know this to be true since I woke up yesterday morning and my eye lid was gooked shut. After a quick call to the Dr. I began treating my eyes with Aidan's pink eye drops. It is not a pleasant experience, my eye itches and it's awkward to try and maneuver at 3 a.m. with one eye involuntarily shut. Needless to say, I spent a good deal of my Friday disinfecting everything! Walls, doorknobs, light switches, stair rails, etc. All bathrooms received a thorough and intense cleaning. Plus, I have quarantined myself. I do not wish to infect anyone.
On a funnier note, the other day in the van I was driving along with all the kids and something happened, I can't remember what, but Aidan's response was, "I don't know why the hell he did that." I had to try very hard not to laugh, then I explained how that phrase isn't nice and how we should say "heck" instead. It was pretty funny. I am sure he got it from the show Psych b/c we are borrowing it from a friend and that is one of the many phrases w/swear words that they use. So, I guess it could have been worse . . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is really funny that Aiden said that. I would have totally busted up. By the way we really like Psych too. How have you guys been? We haven't talked in forever.

Heidi said...

I wouldn't be surprised if he had gotten that phrase from my kids! Just kidding, Jake went through a swearing phase - it was a phase b/c everytime he swore Chris and I would just laugh, instead of discipline. But he's over it now. Glad you're over the pink eye, YUCK!