
Originally I wanted to build my own table. I had it all planned out, we already owned the wood, I had arranged with Molly, our R.S. president, to use her drill press and wood clamps for the dowing and gluing, then my husband got cold feet about my skills and forked out the cash for this bad boy. It's much nicer than I could have ever built. Oh well . . . however, I did sneak out into the garage and built a bench to go with it! It's nothing to brag about but I am proud of it and it is sturdy. I'll take a picture and post it, someday.
It has been nice to eat together around the same table. Matt taught the boys to stand by their seats until I get to the table, then he pulls my chair out for me and helps me to sit, then the boys get to sit. It's been cool to see Aidan standing by his seat waiting so patiently. Matt is such a good father. He has been trying to teach our boys to be gentlemen. They race each other to open my door. It's cool, they mostly learn by Matt's example, but it's neat to hear him explain why he does it and why they should do it. Also, there's a cool story about Pres. David O. McKay and how his mother in law noticed those same qualities in him as he helped his mother and sister off/on the wagon. Not knowing he was to be her son in law, she commented to her daughter how he was going to make some lucky girl very happy.
There's my two cents for the day, oh and for those of you politically minded souls, Matt has a blog dedicated to politics and re-uniting America, it's alleyupward.blogspot.com check it out, it's pretty cool and very interesting.
1 comment:
I like your table. I didn't know you had wood working skills. I wanna see your bench. I also want to see your boys being gentlemen. That sounds so cute. They are lucky to have a good example to follow.
Post a Comment